Divorce is a very emotional process for many people, but it is possible to emerge from divorce in a better place. In order to properly resolve a divorce, however, it is important to work with a Georgia family law and divorce lawyer who not only has your best interests at heart, but who also has experience both negotiating and litigating divorces.
At The Cherry Law Firm PC, we are committed to resolving the needs of our clients. We can guide you through all aspects of divorce, including:
- Division of Property
- Spousal Support
- Divorce Settlements
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Modification of Prior Orders
- Enforcement of Court Orders (Contempt)
Exploring Alternatives To Contentious Divorce
While there are times when litigation is the best way to resolve a divorce, many people find out-of-court alternatives to litigation to be preferable. Settling a divorce out of court is generally less expensive and less time-consuming than other methods. Our attorneys have years of experience drafting divorce documents and guiding individuals through less-contentious divorce processes.
Proactively Protecting Your Assets
For many people, asset protection is an extremely important part of the divorce process. However, you do not have to wait until you are getting divorced to address important property. Through various documents, you can protect assets long before you consider divorce and even before you are married. The most common documents we can help you create are:
- Prenuptial agreements: These are more likely to hold up in court and can address everything from property division to alimony but not child custody.
- Postnuptial agreements: Drafted after a marriage, postnups are a good way to protect individual assets should divorce become necessary.
- Separation agreements: Similar to a divorce agreement, a separation agreement can address child custody and support, alimony and property division.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
To schedule a free 15-minute family law consultation, call us today at 770-444-3399, or click here to access our online scheduler. We serve clients throughout metro Atlanta, including those in Cobb County, Paulding County, Cherokee County and Bartow County.